Online Distance Learning Program
How Courses Work
Embracing Ambiguity: The Worlds of Ericksonian Hypnosis
with Tim Brunson PhD
You may begin this course at anytime and work at your own pace.
Lesson 1: Introducing Dr. Erickson and His Innovative Style of Hypnotherapy
- Why use hypnosis: From Myths to Advantages.
- What are the five basic principles of his techniques?
- How he used flexibility and observation.
Lesson 2: Using your Patient’s Patterns as an Intervention
- How to use and alter their current patterns.
- Establishing new patterns.
Lesson 3: Differences and Sameness
- How splitting concepts can form new meaning.
- How linking concepts can form new meanings.
- Using splitting and linking at the same time.
Lesson 4: Stories and Metaphors Can Access the Unconscious Mind
- What are roles of metaphors and stories in therapy?
- Why should I want to lead the patient in the direction that they are going?
- Elegantly using symbols, analogies, and refraction.
Lesson 5: Finding the Power in Implications, Ambiguity and Reframing
- How to say what you are saying without saying it.
- Ambiguity, confusion and the resistant patient.
- Looking at something in a different light.
Lesson 6: Linguistic Techniques I
- Learn how to easily and elegantly use advanced linguistic patterns in therapy.
Lesson 7: Linguistic Techniques II
- Master even more of Erickson’s linguistic patterns.
Lesson 8: The Phases of Erickson’s Therapy
- The seven step therapy process.
- How to break resistance and get change elegantly.
Lesson 9: The Elements of Erickson’s Trance Induction
- The seven ways to get trance.
- How does this compare to other hypnosis traditions.
Lesson 10: Putting Erickson’s Therapy and Hypnosis Together: Four Views
- Hailey’s Framework.
- Beahr’s Framework.
- Rossi’s Framework.
- Bandler & Grinder’s Framework