Online Distance Learning Program
How Courses Work
Elman Hypnotherapy: Beyond the Basics
with Tim Brunson PhD
You may begin this course at anytime and work at your own pace.
Lesson 1: Introducing the Elman Technique
- Who was David Elman?
- Why is Elman Hypnotherapy relevant today?
- What is the basic Elman technique?
- How to study hypnosis.
Lesson 2: Concepts I
- What is hypnosis?
- What are the four states and six signs of hypnosis?
- What is selective thinking, physical and mental relaxation?
- What is the role of suggestion?
- What is the difference between somnambulism and the coma state?
- Why is fear important?
- How do you test for hypnosis?
Lesson 3: Concepts II
- How do you perform compounding and deepening?
- How do you overcome resistance?
- How do you work with blind people?
- What are the differences between working with recalcitrant children, other children, and adults?
Lesson 4: The Magic of Waking Hypnosis
- What is Waking Hypnosis?
- What is the difference between Waking Hypnosis and Waking Suggestion?
- How does Waking Hypnosis work?
- What are the medical and dental applications of Waking Hypnosis?
- How do you use a "magic spot"?
- How can I change the will to die to a will to live?
Lesson 5: The Secret of Compounding
- How does delayed suggestion relate to compounding?
- What are the prerequistites for compounding?
- What is the difference between true and false somnambulism?
- How is compounding done?
Lesson 6: Hypnotic Coma: The Ultimate Trance
- How was Hypnotic Coma discovered?
- What are the states below somnambulism?
- What is the structure of a Hypnotic Coma session?
- How are post hypnotic suggestions given and triggered?
- How do you recover from a Hypnotic Coma?
- How do you test for Hypnotic Coma?
- What is the role of fear?
Lesson 7: Techniques I
- Hypnotizing by doing nothing
- Drinking water technique
- Hand Shake Technique
Lesson 8: Techniques II
- Rigid Finger
- Telephone number amnesia
- Monroe Technique
- Hypnosis in the sleep state
Lesson 9: Applications I
- Child Birth
- The extraction of dream material
- Ideomotor Response
Lesson 10: Applications II
- Stage Fright