Online Distance Learning Program
How Courses Work
Exploring the Hypnotic Brain
with Tim Brunson PhD
You may begin this course at anytime and work at your own pace.
Lesson 1: Why Study the Brain?
- How brain functions rule our lives.
- Broken Brains: Trauma, abuse, and genetics.
- What scans can tell us.
- Protecting our brains.
Lesson 2: Looking Beneath the Hood
- Basic Brain “Geography”.
- Neurons, Neurotransmitters, and Neuromodulators.
- Parts and behavior.
- Competition: Energy and real estate.
Lesson 3: Growth, Learning, and Change
- How brain maps develop and change.
- Compensation versus Constraint: Controlling Neuroplasticity.
- Using conscious will to change subconscious function.
Lesson 4: Improving Performance through Brain Reorganization
- Specialization, differentiation, and balance.
- Curing imbalance by altering awareness.
- Triggering optimal performance.
- Finding the genius within.
Lesson 5: Sensing Minds, Rapport, and Entrainment
- The wonder of “mirror neurons.”
- How healers achieve immunity from negativity.
- Using self-entrainment to achieve desired change.
Lesson 6: Measuring the brain for lasting transformation.
- Lessons from the emerging fields of psychobiology and neurofeedback.
- Why those pesky “neurological artifacts” may be the hidden key to change.