Online Distance Learning Program
How Courses Work
Advanced Script Writing Techniques
with Tim Brunson PhD
You may begin this course at anytime and work at your own pace.
Lesson 1: A Critique of Regressive Script Writing
- Major regressive script writing styles.
- The “prose” and cons of regressive scripts.
- Why regressive scripts usually work (inefficiently).
Lesson 2: Investigating the Presenting Issue
- Sources of presenting issue information.
- Typical applications for hypnotic scripts.
- Common suggestions for all scripts.
- Fitting the script to the intake.
Lesson 3: Exploring the Power of Linguistics
- Standard linguistic elements and their uses.
- Balancing clarity and ambiguity.
- The advantage of poetry over prose.
- Integrating space/time perceptions and energy considerations.
Lesson 4: Underlying Principles and Techniques
- Learn how peripersonal and extrapersonal suggestions and imagery affect your subject's mind and body.
- Begin using repetition elegantly.
- Maintain ambiguity through looping storylines.
- Improve the effectiveness of your Post Hypnotic Suggestions.
Lesson 5: Structuring the Script
- Establishing the peripersonal connection.
- Moving from negative to positive.
- The effective use of imagery.
- Post Hypnosis Suggestions and closure.
Lesson 6: Effective Script Delivery
- The operator’s mental state.
- The effective use of rate, timing and pauses.
- The voice as a “musical” instrument.
- Developing and achieving mastery.